IB MYP and DP
International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Year Program (MYP) for (12-16 years) and Diploma Program (IBDP)(16-19 years) stresses on application based research-orientation learning. In sync with the IB’s educational philosophy, YesMindZ helps its students to acquire the desired learner profile through systematic learning schedule.
The classes are offered for students needing support in English A Language and Literature; English A Literature as well as Theory of Knowledge (TOK).
IBDP English A Language and Literature:
What they study?
“In this course, students will study a wide range of literary and non-literary texts in a variety of media. By examining communicative acts across literary form and textual type alongside appropriate secondary readings, students will investigate the nature of language itself and the ways in which it shapes and is influenced by identity and culture. Approaches to study in the course are meant to be wide-ranging and can include literary theory, sociolinguistics, media studies and critical discourse analysis among others”. —– IBDP English A Language and Literature Guide- 2021Assessment Help
- English A Literature SL/ HL – Guidance for
- Paper 1;
- Paper 2,
- Extended Essay (EE)
2. IBDP English A LiteratureWhat they study?
Students will focus exclusively on literary texts, adopting a variety of approaches to textual criticism. Students explore the nature of literature, the aesthetic function of literary language and textuality, and the relationship between literature and the world.Assessment Help
- English A Literature – Guidance in
- HL Essay
- Paper 1
- paper 2
- Extended Essay (EE)
- English Self Taught -School’s Free-Choice / Language
Theory of Knowledge is a mandatory subject for IB Diploma Students, in which the course allows the process of discovering and allowing the students’ views on ‘Knowledge Questions’. The course uses a combination without any particular order and it revolves around-
- Exploration of Ways of knowing which are – sense perception, reason, emotion, faith, imagination, intuition, memory, and language
- Areas of knowledge that may include – mathematics, natural sciences, human sciences, history, religious knowledge systems, indigenous knowledge systems, the arts and ethics,
We mentor and encourage the students to do their own work so that they become confident in the subject and find its utilitarian value in real life situations. The areas of teaching are –
- TOK Essay
- TOK Presentation
ICSE / ISC
English Language and Literature
Our online English Courses / Classes are primarily offered for IB- MYP/DP, IGCSE, AS/ A Level, ICSE and ISC Curriculum. However, we are not averse to accepting students studying in other boards – like AP (American Curriculum) or Canada Curriculum, provided the incumbent exhibits the expected level of competence.
Recognizing the fact that a student needs not only coaching, but also high level of motivation, mentoring, hand-holding and monitoring – we create a comfortable yet directive teaching methodology for holistic development of student.
The following are integral part of our teaching system:
- Based on the need and standard of the student, we develop the coaching delivery plan.
- The classes are focused towards Creative & Lateral Thinking through discussion and debates on ways of knowing TOK.
- Homework support and help in exam preparation, applicable for all the above offerings.
IGCSE and AS/A level
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) curriculum (9th and 10th standard) conducted by University of Cambridge International Examinations prepare students for A -Level examination.
A -Level (Advance Level) is a qualification conferred as a part of General Certificate of Education (GCE) and has three levels with increasing difficulty level-
- The Ordinary Level (O- Level)
- The Advanced Subsidiary Level (A1 Level or AS Level or 11th level in some countries)
- The Advanced Level (A Level or 12th level in some countries)
IGCSE curriculum is followed by a large number of schools around the world. The syllabus requires high level understanding of English Language along with competence in the technical aspects of the subject.
We offer the following courses for AS/ A Level and IGCSE students.
- Literature in English
- English as First Language
- English as Second Language
- English Check Point (Grade VIII)